This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is a weeknight hero. It comes together on a single baking sheet in right around 30 minutes. No boiling required!
If you’ve never made sheet pan gnocchi before, prepare yourself: once you try it, your weeknight dinner rotation will never be the same! The reason it’s so magical is that you don’t have to boil the gnocchi. That means that this recipe requires no pasta pot and no waiting for water to boil. It comes together on a single sheet pan, and you can get it into the oven, out of the oven, and onto the dinner table in 30 minutes.
I got the idea to try it after I developed a skillet gnocchi recipe for my new cookbook. I figured that if store-bought gnocchi could cook through in a skillet, it would roast up nicely on a sheet pan too.
…and I have a new favorite way to cook gnocchi! It becomes tender and chewy in the oven. In this recipe, its texture contrasts perfectly with juicy cherry tomatoes, crisp-edged broccolini, and silky onions. Big chunks of feta cheese add richness and briny flavor, while parsley, thyme, and a pinch of za’atar offer freshness to balance it all out. I hope you love this sheet pan gnocchi recipe as much as I do!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Gnocchi, of course! Refrigerated and shelf-stable potato gnocchi both work great here. I especially like the Isola brand, available at Whole Foods, and Trader Joe’s gnocchi. Note that I haven’t tried using cauliflower gnocchi here, so I’m not sure how it would work!
- Broccolini – Chop the florets into large pieces, leaving them mostly intact, and cut the stems into 1/2-inch chunks. They add fantastic crisp-tender texture to this dish!
- Cherry tomatoes – They release their juices in the oven, lightly coating the gnocchi and other veggies.
- Red onion and garlic – For savory depth of flavor. Thinly slice the garlic instead of chopping or mincing it so that it doesn’t burn in the oven.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – It helps everything brown as it roasts.
- Za’atar and fresh thyme leaves – They add earthy, aromatic flavor to this sheet pan meal. No za’atar on hand? Use Italian seasoning instead.
- Red pepper flakes – For heat.
- Feta cheese – Don’t crumble it! Instead, break it into large pieces. They offer a lovely creamy contrast to the chewy gnocchi and tender veggies.
- Fresh parsley – For a fresh finishing touch.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is so easy to make! Here’s how it goes:
First, preheat the oven to 450°F. While it heats up, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and chop the veggies and fresh herbs.
Next, season the gnocchi and veggies. Place the gnocchi, broccolini, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, za’atar, thyme leaves, red pepper flakes, and several grinds of pepper. Toss to combine.
Then, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Spread everything in a single layer as best you can. The pan will be somewhat crowded, but the better you can space things out, the better they will brown.
Roast for 10 minutes. Pull the sheet pan out of the oven and stir the gnocchi and vegetables. Spread them in a single layer again.
Before returning the pan to the oven, scatter on the feta. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the gnocchi is tender and the veggies and feta are browned.
Finally, season to taste and serve with a sprinkle of parsley top!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Serving Suggestions
We often enjoy this sheet pan gnocchi recipe as a standalone meal—the mix of gnocchi, feta, and roasted veggies makes it super satisfying. That being said, it pairs nicely with a number of side dishes.
This sheet pan dinner is best right after it’s made, as the baked gnocchi firms up as it cools. However, if you have leftovers, they’ll keep well for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Pop them in the microwave to reheat. The gnocchi won’t be quite as tender as it was right after it was cooked, but it’ll still taste great!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you love this sheet pan gnocchi, try one of these easy dinner recipes next:
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is one of our favorite easy dinners! Store-bought gnocchi roasts alongside fresh veggies and tangy feta cheese. No boiling required!
- 1 pound store-bought potato gnocchi
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed, florets cut into big pieces and stems cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese, torn into 1-inch chunks
- Fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss together the gnocchi, broccolini, cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, thyme, za’atar, red pepper flakes, and several grinds of pepper. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
Roast for 10 minutes. Stir, then scatter the feta on top. Roast for 15 to 20 more minutes, or until the gnocchi is tender and the vegetables and feta are browned. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Season to taste and serve.