It’s officially under 30 degrees here in Chicago and I’m starting to think that summer was only 5 minutes long. Anyone else? If you’re like me and are breaking out the hats, gloves and parkas, sending you all of the cozy vibes and of course my very best healthy slow cooker recipes to make all season long.
There’s truly nothing better than coming home to a warming bowl of soup or chili on a cold day. OR melting some gooey cheese onto a healthier turkey sloppy joe (omg so good). The best part about these slow cooker recipes is that you can toss everything into your slow cooker (I love this brand!) and literally just let it work its magic.
Why we LOVE slow cooker meals
What’s not to love about crockpot meals? These recipes are:
- Easy to make. Most slow cooker recipes just require chopping up veggies, maybe browning some meat, and then throwing everything into your crockpot to do all of the work. The majority of these recipes make the perfect freezer meals, too!
- Extra flavorful. Because, as the name suggests, these meals cook slowly, the ingredients have the chance to get perfectly tender and create delicious flavor. Spices and herbs are a must!
- Quick to clean. No more cleaning tons of pots and pans when you let your slow cooker do all of the work. See ya, dishes!
Tips for making recipes in your slow cooker
The majority of the recipes below have instructions for making them in your slow cooker or crockpot, but if they don’t, I have a few easy tips for converting stovetop recipes into slow cooker meals!
- Timing. The vast majority of my slow cooker recipes can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8.
- Liquid ratio. As a general rule of thumb, if you’re converting a stovetop recipe to a slow cooker one I’d recommend reducing the liquid by about 1 cup. Cooking in a slow cooker creates more moisture and liquid naturally.
- Cooking chicken. Yes, you can put raw meat right into your slow cooker to cook! If you’re cooking a recipe with chicken, feel free to cook the chicken breast or thighs in your slow cooker whole with the rest of the ingredients. Once it’s fully cooked you can remove it, shred it, and add it back to the slow cooker to simmer.
- Cooking ground meat or beef. If you’re cooking with beef or ground meat, I’d recommend browning the meat in a skillet before transferring it with your ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Adding vegetables & pastas. Stir in any soft vegetables like peas or spinach at the very end of cooking. The same goes for any pasta or noodles (though you can also cook those separately).
Scroll through and pick out your favs to make for the week! I’d suggest my famous turkey chili to kick things off. Be sure to use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen when you share on Instagram, or post a photo in our Facebook group.
Healing Curry Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (with a slow cooker option!)
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chicken Soup
Creamy Tomato Orzo Soup with Mini Turkey Meatballs
Comforting & Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Lightened-Up Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Slow Cooker Black Bean, Quinoa & Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Vegan White Bean & Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Golden Turmeric Chickpea Chicken Soup
Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (whole 30, dairy free)
Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup
Stews & Curries
Slow Cooker White Wine Chicken Stew
Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Vegan Slow Cooker Tofu Tikka Masala
Healing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry with Toasted Coconut Brown Rice
Coconut Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew
Butternut Squash, Chickpea & Lentil Moroccan Stew
Vegetarian Tofu Cashew Coconut Curry
Nourishing Yellow Chickpea Pumpkin Curry with Coconut Brown Rice
The Best Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Black Bean Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Verde
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Chickpea Chili
Black Bean, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili with Smoked Chipotle
Two Bean and Corn Chipotle Turkey Chili
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make the Best Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
30 Minute Healthier Turkey Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken with Sticky Coconut Purple Rice
Apps, Snacks & Sides
Homemade Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy BBQ Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
The Best Creamy Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter (No Sugar Added!)
Lightened Up Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes (with a slow cooker option!)
I hope you love these delicious, healthy slow cooker recipes! If you make any be sure to leave a comment & a rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!