‘Tis the season for all things cozy & warming and I am here. for. it.
Yes, I absolutely love summer and the heat but I truly thrive when I’m cooking with delicious fall flavors. In the meantime, let’s talk cozy soups!
I rounded up over 20 of the best healthy soup recipes to make all winter long. You’ll find everything from the best vegetable soup all the way to my mom’s famous beef stew. I broke these healthy soup recipes down into tomato-based soups, chicken soup remakes, hearty stews, lightened-up classics, golden soups, my favorite winter squash soups, and of course, amazing chili recipes.
Tips for making the best soup recipes
- Season to taste. While these soups, of course, have spices all measured out, remember to add salt & pepper (or spicy flavors) to your liking. Everyone’s salt preferences are a bit different, so this is up to you! I also recommend using a low sodium chicken broth so that you can control the salt in the recipe.
- Freeze for later. Soup makes for an incredible, freezer-friendly meal, so we recommend making a big batch! You should find freezing instructions within each recipe, but you’ll basically let your soup cool completely, place it in freezer-safe containers or bags, and freeze for up to 2-3 months. I recommend adding noodles when reheating!
- Customize your soup. One of the best parts about cooking soup is how easy it is to customize. Feel free to mix up some of these recipes using different veggies and proteins. They’re usually very easy to make vegan or vegetarian!
Get our top 10 soups straight to your inbox
Take the guesswork out of choosing — enter your email to get one of our BEST soup recipes straight to your inbox each day for 10 days. Totally FREE!
Fall in love with these healthy soup recipes
Whether you love broth-based soups or creamy ones, savory soups, or ones with a hint of sweetness, there’s truly a recipe here for everyone. Each of these recipes is filled with nourishing ingredients:
- Rainbow vegetables like carrots, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, spinach, kale, squash, and sweet potato
- Delicious grains like pasta, rice, orzo, and couscous
- Plenty of protein like chicken, lentils, beans, and even cheese (YUM)
- And cozy broths filled with fresh herbs and spices
Take a scroll and get ready to find your new favorite soup recipes! Need a place to start? This Healing Curry Butternut Squash Lentil Soup is January’s Recipe of the Month, so get all of the deets and a chance to win a prize here!
Tomato Based Soups
Chicken Soup Remakes
Lightened Up Classics
Good as Gold Soups
Cozy Winter Squash Soups
Don’t Forget the Chilis
If you make any of these soup recipes be sure to leave a comment and a rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it!