I hope you had the most wonderful Thanksgiving filled with great company and delicious food. Now that the dust has settled and *maybe* you have a few more dishes to clean up, I wanted to share a little roundup that will make these upcoming lunches and dinners easy and fun.
That’s right, I’m stepping up your Thanksgiving leftovers with over 40 amazingly easy recipes that use leftover turkey. I’m all about post-holiday turkey sandwiches, but the whole family is going to LOVE these creative new leftover turkey recipes. Skip the gloppy casseroles and use leftover Thanksgiving turkey in these cozy soups & chilis, some of my famous enchiladas, and plenty of delicious slow cooker recipes that are the perfect way to repurpose those leftovers (even the potatoes and cranberry sauce!)
For lighter options, I have tons of turkey salad ideas and recipes packed with vegetables and flavor.
Thanksgiving dinner round two, anyone? Let’s get to it.
How long is leftover turkey good for?
Once you take your leftover turkey home be sure to cook up these new recipes within 3-5 days so that the turkey is still good. I like to take the day after Thanksgiving to make a yummy turkey soup, leftover turkey sandwich or batch of turkey enchiladas. The easiest meal prep for the rest of your week!
Storing & freezing leftover turkey
You can also store and freeze your leftover turkey to enjoy at a later date!
- To store: store the leftover turkey in airtight containers or resealable bags in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- To freeze: freeze leftover turkey in airtight containers or bags for up to 3 months. Simply thaw the turkey in the refrigerator before using it in recipes.
I hope you guys love all of these delicious ways to use leftover turkey. If you make any of these after Thanksgiving be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked it. Enjoy, xoxo!
For soup recipes, feel free to simply add the same amount of cooked turkey as the recipe calls for chicken! It will typically be about 2-3 cups of cooked, shredded turkey, and you can add it 10 minutes before serving. If you’re using a slow cooker, stir in the turkey once the other ingredients are done cooking.
- Healing Ginger Coconut Chicken Brown Rice Soup
- Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup
- The Best Chicken Soup You’ll Ever Eat
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chicken Soup
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (whole 30, dairy free)
- Nourishing Asian-Inspired Chicken Soup
- Creamy White Bean Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Green Chile Chicken Pozole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Comforting & Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Courtney’s Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
- Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Black Bean, Quinoa & Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Paleo Coconut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodle Soup
- Golden Turmeric Chickpea Chicken Soup
- Lightened-Up Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Hearty Stews, Curries & Chowders
Just like with soups, add your cooked, shredded turkey 10 minutes before serving! Again, if you’re using a slow cooker, stir in the turkey once everything else is done cooking.
- Slow Cooker White Wine Chicken Stew
- One Pot Moroccan Chicken Stew with Sweet Potato & Couscous
- Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry
- Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Thai-Inspired Peanut Chicken with Sticky Coconut Purple Rice
- One Pan Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken Couscous
You know the drill — stir in cooked, shredded turkey 10 minutes before serving the chili. The same rules apply for slow cooker chili recipes!
- Healthy White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Chickpea Chili
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde
Salads, Wraps, Sandwiches & Bowls
Because these recipes already call for cooked chicken, make the recipe as directed but use cooked turkey instead. These recipes are the perfect way to enjoy your leftovers with lots of veggies.
- Cherry Jam, Turkey & Spicy Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich (add leftover stuffing if you’re feeling fancy!)
- 15-Minute Healthy Moroccan-Spiced Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Crunchy Rainbow Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Chicken Kale Waldorf Salad with Avocado & Goat Cheese
- Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad
- Better Than Chipotle DIY Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Sesame Chicken Cabbage Crunch Salad
- Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 4 Healthy Mason Jar Salads
- Healthy Pumpkin Seed & Avocado Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Easy Comfort Foods
Turkey pot pie? You know it! For these classic comfort food recipes, you’ll just want to add the cooked turkey in place of the chicken. No need to cook it again, of course, so just follow any recipes after the step where you cook the chicken.
- Blow Ya Mind Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Pot Pie
- 30-Minute Leftover Sweet Potato & Turkey Enchilada Skillet
- Pesto Mushroom Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
- Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce
- Cheesy BBQ Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Butternut Squash, Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- Whole Wheat Honey-Jalapeño Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie
- Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir Fry with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Lightened Up Chicken Pot Pie
- Roasted Butternut Squash Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Couscous
- Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada Bake
- Small Batch Green Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- Incredible Caramelized Onion Spinach Chicken Pasta Bake
- Sweet and Sour Pineapple Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
- Dreamy Refried Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce
This post was originally published on November 24, 2019, and republished on November 26, 2021.