When I arrive to a party, the first thing I look for is the cheese plate. And I love a holiday cheese ball.
If you’ve never had a cheese ball before, it’s like a creamy cheese dip that you shape into a ball. Then, you can use either a cheese knife or crackers to dip and spread with.
This Christmas appetizer is easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. And shaping this snowman cheese ball is like a little craft project! It’s fun for any host or as a little project you could do with kids.
Related: Easy Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath – for more flavor ideas
Cheese Ball Ingredients:
How to Make a Cheese Ball:
Mix the seasoning blend in with the cream cheese. Form balls and wrap in plastic wrap to refrigerate. Once you’re ready to serve, roll the balls in the Parmesan cheese and decorate them like a snowman!
You can choose to make your snowman cheese ball upright, like pictured here. Or it could be lying on its back, which makes it a little more stable and easier for guests to dip into. Either way, it’s really cute!
Tips for Success:
- If you’d like to mix in a few other spices along with the ranch seasoning you can! Sprinkle in a little cayenne if you want to add some spice.
- Refrigerate the cheese balls for at least a couple hours (and up to three days) before use.
- You can decorate your snowman with whole peppercorns, mini M&Ms, a carrot tip, or any other edible elements you want.
Here are some ideas of what you serve this snowman cheese ball with:
For more recipes like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
Get the Recipe
an easy holiday appetizer
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and seasoning mix so it’s well combined.
Form two to three balls from the mixture.
Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to three days.
When ready to serve, roll the balls in the Parmesan cheese and form the snowman.
- You will also need edible items to decorate the snowman like whole peppercorns, mini M&Ms, a carrot tip, or other edible items.
Snowman Cheese Ball – Christmas Appetizer
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.