As we near the end of October, today we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month.
Below you’ll find a few lovingly-designed homes, an article that explores the “cool-mom myth,” a few favorite product discoveries, and more. We’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of October. We hope you find something (or many things) to enjoy in the links we’ve put together. And we hope you have a lovely weekend too.
11 Things We Loved on the Internet in October
1. Tour the beautiful California home of cookbook author, Molly Baz (butter yellow kitchen included!).
2. Kate recommends giving this article a read: “The Cool-Mom Myth” via The Cut.
3. I put in my first Alex Mill order this month and the standout piece is the Nico Chunky Cardigan. I have it in the golden khaki color and have worn it at least ten (10!) times since it arrived a few weeks ago. I’d highly, highly recommend.
4. This Charlotte home sits at the very top of a converted textile mill and is full of unique artwork and cool architectural details.
5. This caramelized onion, apple, and cheddar tart screams autumn and looks SO good.
6. I got these wine glasses (in the Burgundy style) recently and they have been getting a ton of use this Pinot Noir season (otherwise known as fall). The quality is really great.
7. Our brand director, Bridgette, is the latest in our team to read—and highly recommend—the book Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle. You can also read Kate’s review of the same book here!
8. My boyfriend and I have been cooking through the newest Half-Baked Harvest cookbook this month. Our initial favorite recipes have been the Wild Mushroom Pappardelle and Saucy Garlic Peanut Noodles—both are SO good.
9. An intriguing read from The New York Times: “Half the World Has a Clitoris. Why Don’t Doctors Study It?”
10. Kate was featured on the Creative Juicy podcast this month! Give the episode a listen for Kate’s insights on her personal path and the world of W&D.
11. If you’re on the hunt for a new pair of jeans, consider these ones from Madewell. After a months-long search, these were the winners for me! A note on fit: I’m in between sizes and ordered the smaller of the two. They fit great but these jeans do stretch a little after the first wear and I probably could have ordered another size down for a slightly more form-fitting look.
W&D Top 5: Most-Read Articles in October
W&D Top 5: Best-Selling Products in October
1. Olive & June Nail Polish $9
3. Dyson V8 Absolute Vacuum
$500 on sale for $350
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Jackie is the Editorial Director at Wit & Delight. In her spare time, you can find her running along the river road, loitering in the vicinity of the nearest puppy at a local brewery, or recharging her soul in her tiny sanctuary of an apartment. You can follow her on Instagram @jackiesaffert.