Air Fryer Shrimp seasoned perfectly with combo of garlic powder, ancho chili powder, dried oregano, and smoked paprika – ready in only 10 minutes! Serve them with my Boom Boom Sauce or another one of your favorite dipping sauces.
An Ultra-Quick Shrimp Recipe You’ll Crave
There is no possible way you can eat just a few of these shrimp. They’re finger-licking good and the recipe is so easy! Making shrimp in the air fryer is easily becoming my favorite way to prepare them.
It’s crucial to add the perfect seasoning blend to these Air Fryer Shrimp. Believe me, you don’t want to skip this seasoning blend. It’s garlicky, a little spicy, and has herb flavors from the dried oregano.
Then after seasoning the shrimp, cooking shrimp in the air fryer is so quick and easy. It’s a one-and-done cooking method and no standing over a hot stove. You can set the timer and work on something else. (I suggest whipping up a batch of Boom Boom Sauce while they cook!).
Keeping a few bags of frozen shrimp around is always a good idea so that you can make this recipe whenever want. AndI bet you have the spices in your pantry already. Here is what you need:
- Shrimp: You can use fresh or frozen shrimp, just make sure that it’s thawed before putting it in the air fryer. Any size will work, but small or medium shrimp will work best for this recipe.
- Avocado Oil: You can also use different cooking oil if you’d like. Coconut oil would be tasty to try!
- Garlic Powder: You can substitute with granulated garlic.
- Smoked Paprika: I love the smokey flavor of using smoked paprika. You can use regular paprika if that’s all that you have.
- Salt: Kosher salt will work best for this recipe.
- Dried Oregano: If you don’t have dried oregano, you can try dried parsley, basil, thyme, or Italian seasoning.
- Ancho Chili Powder: This is where the spiciness comes in! Use more or less depending on your taste preference.
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp?
You can definitely use frozen shrimp! In fact, that’s what I often use because it’s easy to come by and I can buy large bags (for big platters of this yummy shrimp!).
They should still be raw, peeled, and deveined. So, you’ll need to plan ahead so you can defrost them first.
How to Make Air Fryer Shrimp
Grab your ingredients and air fryer, it’s time to make the most delicious shrimp appetizer! There are just a few simple steps:
First, make your spice blend. Combine all of the dried spices in a small bowl and set aside.
Then, prep your shrimp. Make sure that they are completely thawed, peeled, and deveined.
Season the shrimp. Add the shrimp to a large bowl and season with the spice blend and avocado oil.
Next, air fry the shrimp. Turn the air fryer on to 400F. Lay the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for about 8 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! Now your Air Fryer Shrimp are ready! You can serve them with cocktail sauce, lemon, or another one of your favorite dipping sauces.
Making shrimp in the air fryer is pretty straightforward. But here are some helpful hints that will make sure that they come out perfectly!
- Preheat your air fryer. This is a great tip when air frying in general. The food in the air fryer will get crispier quicker (without drying out) if your air fryer is already hot.
- How to tell when shrimp is done. The best way to tell if shrimp are completely cooked is if it curls up into a “C” and is no longer grey and translucent. You want white plump shrimp with a little bit of pink.
- Add fresh herbs. Sprinkle some fresh herbs like sliced chives or chopped cilantro on the shrimp before serving for an extra flavor boost.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Shrimp
Here’s the fun part! You can enjoy the shrimp on their own or pair them with some other delicious items. Here are some ideas:
- Keep it simple. Cocktail sauce and lemon are classic garnishes for shrimp. I love adding a little extra hot sauce to the cocktail sauce!
- Make your favorite dipping sauce. I can’t stress enough how delicious these are with Boom Boom Sauce. A homemade ranch or other creamy herb dip (like this Green Goddess Dressing) would also be really good!
- Add them to a salad or tacos. These shrimp would be a great protein option for many dishes.
- Serve them with rice. You could make some Cilantro Lime Rice to go along with these shrimp.
Storing and Reheating
Ideally, seafood is best eaten right away. I would be shocked if you have any shrimp left over! But, if you do end up with some leftovers, no worries. I’ve got you covered.
As long as the seafood is fully-cooked, there is no harm in keeping it for a few days for leftovers. I suggest eating it within 1-3 days after cooking the shrimp.
They will actually taste pretty good cold, too! So, no need to reheat. But if you prefer them warm, simply pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes at 400F. Keep in mind, that they may be a little drier than when they were originally cooked, but they’ll still taste amazing!
Can I Freeze the Leftovers?
I don’t recommend freezing any leftovers. It’s best to eat these as fresh as possible! This is especially the case if you’re cooking shrimp that has already been frozen. The texture will likely change and be unpleasant if you re-freeze them.
This 10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp is so easy and flavorful! The spice blend consists of ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and dried oregano. They are perfect when dipped in my Boom Boom Sauce!
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Make Spice Blend: To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, dried oregano, and ancho chili powder. Mix together and set aside.
- Season Shrimp: To a large bowl add shrimp, spice blend and avocado oil. Toss everything together so the shrimp is coated.
- Air Fry: Heat air fryer to 400°F. Place shrimp in air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes. (no need to flip) Remove from air fryer and repeat until all the shrimp are cooked.
- Serve with a lemon wedge or cocktail sauce.
Keywords: shrimp in air fryer, frozen shrimp in air fryer, how to cook shrimp in air fryer
More Healthy Seafood Recipes
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->