Every time I post a new energy bite recipe AK readers go absolutely crazy for it. And for good reason! Energy bites are such an easy, fun snack to make that you can take on the go or store in the fridge or freezer for whenever you need something quick and satisfying.
No 3PM hanger in this house.
I’ve been perfecting energy bites recipes for as long as I can remember (you can see them all here!) and knew I wanted to debut a new flavor before fall and the back-to-school rush hit. These are my no bake coconut cashew energy bites that are packed with nourishing ingredients & healthy fats, and magically taste like they have hints of salted caramel.
The team and I tested them out last month when Rebecca was in town and we couldn’t stop nibbling on the mixture even before rolling up the bites. They only require about 5 ingredients but are filled with delicious flavor and textures that you’ll love.
Store them in the fridge or freezer (my fav) and enjoy the perfect breakfast, snack or treat any day of the week!
What you’ll need to make coconut cashew energy bites
These super easy, gluten free & vegan coconut cashew energy balls are made with 5 core ingredients and are deliciously filling. Here’s everything you’ll need to make them:
- Medjool dates: not only do dates naturally sweeten the energy bites and give them a caramel-like flavor, but they’re also what hold them together.
- Cashews: for a punch of healthy fats and protein we’re using roasted cashews! You can also use raw cashews.
- Coconut: these energy bites get delicious flavor from unsweetened shredded coconut. You’ll mix it into the “batter” and roll them in more coconut for a fun treat!
- Extra flavor: you’ll also need some vanilla extract and salt to bring out all of the flavors. Learn how to make your own vanilla here.
- Cacao nibs: add a little chocolatey richness with a couple tablespoons of cacao nibs.
Customize your energy bites
Feel free to customize your coconut cashew energy bites with some extra protein or nutrition! Here’s what I can suggest:
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- A scoop of your favorite unflavored or vanilla protein powder
When adding to these energy bites you may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil to help replace the moisture.
My favorite way to jazz them up
If you’re looking for an extra delicious option, feel free to roll them in toasted coconut instead of regular shredded coconut! There are a couple of easy ways to toast your own regular, unsweetened shredded coconut:
- Add the shredded coconut to a skillet over medium-low heat and toast it on the stovetop for 3-5 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Or bake the shredded coconut at 325 degrees F for about 3 minutes until golden.
How to make coconut cashew energy balls
- Pulse the ingredients. Add all of the ingredients except the cacao nibs + extra shredded coconut to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is well combined and sticky. You may need to press the mixture down a bit while pulsing.
- Add cacao nibs. Pour in your cacao nibs and process a couple more times so that they mix right in.
- Roll them up. Use a small cookie scoop or your hands to roll the mixture into 14 energy balls, then roll them in extra shredded coconut if you’d like.
- Store & enjoy! Store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer, and enjoy them whenever you’re looking for a healthy snack or treat!
Storing & freezing tips
- To store: these coconut cashew energy bites will last for 1 week in the fridge.
- To freeze: feel free to add them to a freezer-safe bag or container and store them for up to 1 month. I prefer these energy bites straight from the freezer, and I’d recommend letting them soften up for about 5-10 minutes in the fridge or at room temp before eating them.
Get all of our kitchen essentials here!
More energy bites you’ll love
Get all of my energy bites recipes here!
I hope you love these salted caramel coconut cashew energy bites! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Salted Caramel Coconut Cashew Energy Bites
Easy & delicious salted caramel coconut cashew energy bites packed with healthy fats and protein! These coconut cashew energy bites are gluten free, grain free, vegan, and naturally sweetened with Medjool dates. Enjoy straight from the fridge or freezer for a healthy snack or breakfast on the go!
packed pitted Medjool dates
roasted cashews (raw is fine too!)
fine unsweetened shredded coconut
- For rolling:
unsweetened shredded coconut
Add all ingredients except the cacao nibs to a food processor and pulse until ingredients are well combined and sticky. Add in cacao nibs and process a few more times. Roll into 14 balls. Next roll in shredded coconut if desired and place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Feel free to freeze these for up to 3 months! They’re actually delicious straight out of the freezer and that’s how I prefer them.
For an extra delicious option: feel free to roll them in toasted coconut.
Servings: 14 servings
Serving size: 1 energy bite
Saturated fat: 5.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by Eat Love Eats