It’s almost here! My favorite shopping event of the year! The 2022 Nordstrom Anniversary sale is open to the public on July 15, and early access for NordyClub card members starts July 6 and runs through the 31st. You can preview the sale now, June 29, 2022! This guide is everything you need to know to shop the NSale!
Why I shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Every year I wait until the Nordstrom sale to really do the bulk of my shopping. The pieces on sale will last me the entire year and then some and are always my most worn pieces.
Last year I bought hiking boots, tennis shoes, leggings, sweaters, a coat, jeans, and other staple pieces that I wear year after year. There are also high quality beauty items that I’ll use for the entire year. This is also the time to stock up on gifts (like Barefoot Dreams blankets!) and so much more.
It’s my favorite sale of the year and I actually wait to shop here more than any other sale! I’m excited!
I often think many who cover the sale over-buy. I only share things I personally buy and use.
What is the Nordstom Anniversary Sale?
Each year Nordstrom offers one HUGE sale with merchandise offered at a discounted rate. Nordstrom card members have earlier access (yes, things do sell out) and then it’s open to the public. All NSale merchandise is offered at a great discount but it can be overwhelming. That’s why I plan to share a detailed guide so you can get the best bang for your buck.
The NSale officially starts July 6th with a preview June 29. The sale is open to the public starting July 15th. Here’s a look at when you can shop:
- June 29: Preview the sale and start picking out what you’d like to buy!
- July 6: Those with “Icon” status can start shopping on July 12th. You can achieve this status by spending at least $15,000 a year on your Nordstrom credit card.
- July 7: “Ambassadors” can start shopping on July 14th. Achieve this status by spending at least $5,000 a year.
- July 9: If you spend $2,000 a year, you can achieve “Influencer” status. These members can access the sale on July 16.
- July 15: Sale is open to the public!
- July 31: The Anniversary Sale ends
I personally will be shopping starting July 16th and will share my top picks along the way. If you want to get a Nordstrom credit card, you can sign up for one here.
What I Shop For at the NSale
You can see my tops picks by category here! Some of my all time favorite brands are part of the sale:
Zella – the best leggings ever! Also tried their sports bras last year as well as a fleece. Both were a win.
Barefoot Dreams – The cult blanket is worth it, but I also love the cardigans.
Spanx – best “going out” leggings and great bras.
Free People – The cutest dresses and staple sweaters.
Charlotte Tilbury – For lipstick and makeup staples.
Topshop – My most worn sweaters and basics.
Good American – By far my most worn jeans.
Steve Madden – Boots and booties galore.
Olaplex – My favorite hair care.
Here are some of my favorite pieces from last year. You can see my full guide to last year’s sale here.
Just looking at these pictures above I definitely wore everything multiple times! I think I brought the skirt on at least 5 trips! I love things I can wear throughout the year.
This year Nordstrom has some extra fun incentives for shipping in store such as restaurant week, for 3 courses for $35 and happy hours. I prefer to shop online since there are more options for sizes and colors.
Nordstrom Sale Best Practices
The reason why I go into detail is because things sell out fast during Early Access. So I try to be up front about what I think you really need.
Nordstrom card members can earn double points for shopping the sale and you can even schedule a Double points day when you know you’re going to make a big purchase.
I like to make a wish list of my favorite things during the June 29 Preview so I can plan ahead!
Before the sale starts:
- First, sign up for a Nordstrom card. This is the best way to save money during the sale.
- Mark your calendars for when you can shop the sale. Sale dates above! Early Access starting July 7th and open to the public July 15 at 9:30AM ET. You MUST be a cardholder to access the sale during Early Access. Otherwise, you can start shopping on July 15 during Public Access. If you notice, this is much eariler than years prior!
- Start planning your picks by adding them to your online wish list.
- When the sale starts, go to Nordstrom and Heleneinbetweencom for all the details!
I prefer to shop online and do an in-store pickup to avoid the crowds and ensure I get my right sizing. Shipping is free and next day delivery is only $20 so there are tons of perks. Ig items are in stock from your local store you can have them delivered to you on the same day for just $15!
Nordstrom also has the best return policy on earth. You buy something and realize you don’t like it, you can easily return it!
Here are the perks for applying:
- Nordstrom Reward- Earn 3 points per dollar spent in stores and online at Nordstrom , Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club. You can redeem these for $20 Notes.
- Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale* My fav perk
- 24/7 Nordstrom Customer Service
- $40 in Notes to spend during the Sale when you open a new card
- No annual fee
2022 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Preview and Wish list
I scoured the Nordstrom Preview to make sure to share the best of the best! I sorted through over 35,00 items to bring you the best! See my top picks broken out into categories right here!
Spanx Faux Leather Leggings – classic staple! I’ve had mine for 3+ years.
Zella Live in High Waist Leggings – I’ll be buying multiple pairs in various fits and colors. These are my all time favorite leggings and I buy at least 1 pair a year. If I only buy one, it’s the Live in High Waist pocket 7/8 legging. I get a medium.
Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic Circle Cardigan – It’s a must. I’m OBSESSED with mine and am buying in a new color this year because I wear it so often. Comes in 6 colors and will sell out!
TopShop Women’s Polo Sweater – brand new and comes in 2 pretty colors! This is ont he top of my list this year!
Free People Swim Too Deep Turtleneck Sweater – My favorite item last year was the Free People chunky sweater! This year’s looks SO cute. A bit longer and comes in 5 colors. These sold out fast last year. Runs large, size one down.
Contour bra – So nice I bought it twice! SO excited this is back again this year. It’s supportive, comfortable, and looks great under t-shirts. I got friends to buy this and they loved it too!
Packable Panama Hat – It packs and it’s breathable. I LOVE mine!