I’ve been helping teachers create quizzes with Google Forms for well over a decade. And over that time there’s a pattern to the Google Forms problems that teachers bring to me. My completely unscientific data on this tells me that about 90% of all problems with Google Forms quizzes come down to one of three issues.
The most common mistakes I see teachers make when creating quizzes with Google Forms are:
- Releasing answers right away.
- That’s a problem if you don’t want students to know the answers before the whole class has had a chance to complete the quiz.
- Forgetting to assign point values.
- This is an annoying issue because then you have to manually update scores.
- Forgetting to collect student information.
- This can be avoided by using Google Classroom.
Bonus! Watch to the end of the video to learn how to avoid a common “bonus question” mistake in Google Forms.